McAfee Antivirus has a well-known name in the field of internet security as well as in the optimization of PC software, used on a global scale. One of its software components is the McAfee drive encryption.
McAfee disk encryption holds security to your data disk, it encodes your data into your system data disk accordingly, no one can access it. But sometimes McAfee restricts the user itself to access his drive when they install drive encryption or endpoint encryption on your system. When this occurs, in responding to it, the system shows McAfee drive encryption fatal error 0xee020006 getting disk info.
McAfee Drive Encryption Fatal Error 0xee020006 Getting Disk Info – Causes
The two main reasons for McAfee Drive Encryption Fatal Error 0xee020006 Getting Disk Info are :
- McAfee drive encryption fatal occurs mainly occurs due to when your system unified extensible firmware Interface is restricted you to access any data from your data disk. It is because of your system boot settings. If your system boot settings are selected to legacy mode. Thus you have to encounter McAfee drive encryption fatal error 0xee020006 getting disk info.
- You’ll get an error message on your system that shows McAfee drive encryption fatal Error 0xee020006 because you were using recovery media of Drive encryption Tech (DETech) standalone instead of using Windows Pre-Installation Environment(WinPE).
Simple Solutions for resolving McAfee drive encryption fatal error 0xee020006 getting disk info
Configure Your System Boot Settings
- To configure your boot settings, you have to restart your system
- When your system starts to restart, click F2 functional key for 2-3 times
- After press F2 key, It will open the Boot Window.
- Locate the boot tab and then select OSA configuration to change modes
- Use keyboard directional keys to change OSA configuration settings
- Change it to default mode to legacy boot mode
Install WinPE Installation Environment
You were using Drive encryption Standalone mode for recovery media due to which you were getting the McAfee drive encryption fatal Error 0xee020006. You have to uninstall DE tech standalone mode and Install Windows pre-installation environment before you install McAfee drive encryption. It will resolve your fatal error.
Reinstalling McAfee Disk Encryption
- You have to Uninstall McAfee disk encryption from your system
- Go to search programs & files and type programs & features.
- Press enter and you’ll directly get into the program application window.
- Select the McAfee disk encryption application.
- Right-click on the application and select the uninstall option.
- You have to visit the official site and install McAfee disk encryption application
- After Installation, check your boot settings are set to legacy mode in default condition.
Use Root Cause Analysis
You have to get your system to a remote network and contact your system manufacturer and ask them for RCA (Root Cause Analysis). They will find the causes behind why were you getting the McAfee drive encryption fatal Error 0xee020006 & if there is an issue with your boot updates, they will resolve it.
We hope all the above- mentioned solution will be beneficial for your use. If you still have a problem in McAfee drive encryption fatal Error 0xee020006 or feel difficulty to perform steps. You can contact our technical team via call. We are at your service for 24×7.